Thursday, February 9, 2012

How I came to be Chicken Mama

chicken
This is a picture of a chicken.  It's the cutest one I could find in Google images. I'm using it only as a visual, as the creature has very little to do with me or this blog.

Chicken Mama is a nickname my boyfriend Brett gave me a while back.  He has a million of them for me ... but this is my favorite. My Chicken Mama persona embraces everything I am and ever hope to be: matriarch, iconoclast, and virtuoso. In my mind's eye I see this very confident, colorful character with killer style and and amazing shoes. Beside me is my brilliant, confident, amazing partner and true love - Brett.


This is Brett.  My partner in crime.

Together we have four children: Porter, Bailey, Anders and Maddie.

Porter (17), Bailey (14), Maddie (8), Anders (11)

This blog is going to be similar to others you've read mostly because I will brag about my children and swoon over my boyfriend often.  However, my purpose in blogging comes from its subtitle: Celebrating Life's Imperfections.  I envision this blog as catharsis for the good, bad, ugly, and indifferent.  My strong desire to share, laugh, and poke fun at myself could no longer be contained by my serial Facebook rants. Even if no one ever reads a word of what I write - I need this venue to purge that which clogs the creative arteries. I hope you read, relate, and respond..................

No comments:

Post a Comment